Choa Chu Kang Avenue 1 is located in the Choa Chu Kang HBD estate of Singapore. The town of Choa Chu Kang had primarily been a rural settlement of Chinese immigrants in early 19th century. It later evolved into a hub of residential complex. It comes with all amenities necessary for a modern city lifestyle.
The name of the place is taken from the Chinese immigrants who were known as “kang chu”; ‘kang’ referred to river and ‘chu’ referred to the name of the clan of the first headman who was in charge of plantations. This area is about 6 square Km. a total of 580 hectares of land has been developed by Housing Development Board (HDB) and 52% of it is residential area where about 35000 flats have been erected. These are mostly 4-bedrooms or 5-bedrooms flat but there are also some 4700 units of executive type flats available.
Choa Chu Kang is located in the Western part of the city. It is located close to the Bukit Panjang HDB Estate. Having an estimated HDB resident population of 169,000, Choa Chu Kang has 48,900 flats in the town according to the account of 31 March 2018. This area is made up of 7 neighborhoods which include Keat Hong, Yew Tee, Sungei Kadut (District 25), Teck Whye (District 23) and Woodlands (District 27).
Choa Chu Kang Avenue 1, which is situated in the Choa Chu Kang HDB Estate, and is build in 1989 and last development was completed in 1993. It has condos that are generally of 4 bedrooms, 5 bedrooms and executive flats structure with 507 units in total and 25 Blocks. The HDB Estate of Choa Chu Kang has all the basic and modern amenities such as shopping malls and recreational, educational and healthcare facilities. It is well connected by all available modes of transport. Like many other planned HDB Estates, various amenities are found within close proximity, making it a very convenient place to live in.
It is accessible through the nearest MRT/LRT stations such as Keat Hong LRT Station, South View LRT Station and Choa Chu Kang MRT Station nearby schools are South View Primary School, Chua Chu Kang Primary School,etc. This property is also close to the Giant(Choa Chu Kang Grove), NTUC FAIRPRICE (Jalan Teck Whye), and Sheng Siong Supermarket(Teck Whye). The area is well planned with ample recreational and entertainment junctions, making it a very attractive place to live in. With more housing complexes slated to develop especially around stations (LRT and MRT) the area is definitely growing as an attractive property destination.
The nearby primary or higher education institutions are as follows:-
- Chua Chu Kang Secondary School (5 mins)
- South View Primary School (4 mins)
- Mastery Learning Centre (5 mins)
- Teck Whye Primary School (8 mins)
- Columbia Learning Centre (6 mins)
- Carpe Diem Starlets 120 (6 mins)
- Apple Tree Kindergarten (8 mins)
- Christian Gospel Missions Kindergarten (11 mins)
The nearby clinics and health and day care centers include:-
- National Healthcare Group Pharmacy (2 mins)
- Guardian Singapore (7 mins)
- Hock Hua Tonic (7 mins)
- Clinical Associates Medical Centre (8 mins)
- Watsons (8 mins)
- Unity (9 mins)
- Alpha Zone Company Pvt. Ltd (14 mins)
The nearby supermarkets in the area include:-
- Prime Supermarket Teck Whye (5 mins)
- Lee Hang Seng (6 mins)
- Offer and Save Superstore (6 mins)
- AK Superstore Teck Whye (7 mins)
- Fair Price Teck Whye Lane (8 mins)
- Riya Mart (8 mins)
- Fair Price (9 mins)
- Hup Seng Kee Fresh Supermarket (8 mins)
- Yeo Cheng Hai (9mins)
- Sheng Siong Supermarket (11 mins)
- Krishna Stores Pvt. Ltd (14 mins)
- The nearest malls in the area include:-
- KFC (9 mins)
- Teck Whye Shopping Centre (6 mins)
- Turkish Doner Kebab (9 mins)
- Lot One Shopper’s Mall (9 mins)
The nearest food destinations would include:-
- McDonald’s (5 mins)
- Delifrance (9 mins)
- Prosperous Kitchen (9 mins)
- Food culture (9 mins)
- Pastamania (9 mins)
The nearby streets located in the area would include Choa Chu Kang Avenue 2, Choa Chu Kang Avenue 3, Choa Chu Kang Avenue 4, Choa Chu Kang Avenue 5, Choa Chu Kang Avenue 7, Choa Chu Kang Central, Choa Chu Kang Crescent, Choa Chu Kang Loop, Teck Whye Lane, Choa Chu Kang Drive, Teck Whye Crescent and Choa Chu Kang Central.