Bukit Merah is an estate that was developed by the Housing and Development Board in a bid to cater to the housing needs of the different groups of individuals from the larger families to the individuals such as young professionals and couples. This HDB estate is called home by about 150,000 persons. Bukit Merah translated in Malay means red hill, and the estate got its name from the locals that lived in the areas a long time ago. There are about 50,000 flats in this estate, and these flats range from the smaller ones to the very spacious ones. Bukit Merah Estate has also experienced commercial growth that has made it both an established residential and commercial area.
Hoy Fatt Road is a street on Bukit Merah, and this street has a variety of flats that are located in a number of blocks. There are about 3 blocks of flats on Hoy Fatt Road which consist 368 of HDB units. Some of these blocks were built as far back as 1967 and the newest is till 1987. The postal codes of the flats on Hoy Fatt Road range from 150049 to 159505, and the flats include the spacious ones with 4 bedrooms or 5 bedrooms which can fit a family. There are also the smaller units with 3 bedrooms or 2 bedrooms. Flats on Hoy Fatt Road were also built on a leasehold land with a tenure of 99 years.
Facilities such as transport, family living, and lifestyle facilities are located in the vicinity of Hoy Fatt Road ensuring that residents enjoy comfortable and functional lifestyles. The transportation facilities that can be found around Hoy Fatt Road include bus stations where residents can board buses to different destinations daily.
MRT stations can also become the favorite transport hub for residents of Hoy Fatt Road as there are a number of such stations located in the area. These MRT stations include Redhill MRT Station, Queenstown MRT Station and Telok Blangah MRT Station. These subway stations cater to the transportation needs of residents of the area efficiently.
One can also find schools in the vicinity of Hoy Fatt Road. The educational facilities located close to Hoy Fatt Road include childcare centres, primary schools as well as secondary schools, and there are a number of these facilities located in the immediate vicinity.
- Learning Vision (located on Jalan Bukit Merah)
- Care Corner Child Development Centre (located at Leng Kee)
- Bloomberry Kids (located along Jalan Kilang Barat)
- Children’s Cove (located on Jalan Bukit Merah)
- Modern Montessori Bukit Merah Childcare Centre MMI
- Gan Eng Seng Primary School
- Queenstown Primary School
- Blangah Rise Primary School
- Bukit Merah Primary School
- Zhangde Primary School
Gan Eng Seng Primary School is located about 520m away, while Queenstown Primary School and Blangah Rise Primary School are located 990m and 1.35 km away respectively.
- Bukit Merah Secondary School
- Queenstown Secondary School
- Crescent Girls’ School
Bukit Merah Secondary School is located about 290m away, while Queenstown Secondary School and Crescent Girls’ School are located 660m and 910m away.
Residents of Hoy Fatt Road also have easy access to lifestyle facilities such as shopping malls, recreational parks and restaurants.
Nearby Shopping Malls
- Dawson Place
- Alexandra Central Shopping Mall
- Anchorpoint Shopping Mall
- Queensway Shopping Centre
Dawson Place is about 540m away, while Alexandra Central Shopping Mall and Anchorpoint Shopping Mall are located about 690m and 720m away respectively.
Nearby Recreational parks
- Alexandra Hill East Neighbourhood Park (located along Jalan Rumah Tinggi)
- Rumah Tinggi Eco Park (located at Kung Chong Road)
- Leng Kee Park (located at Lengkok Bahru)
- Telok Blangah Hill Park (located at Telok Blangah Green)
- Stream Garden (located at Telok Blangah Heights)