Bukit Merah is one of the estates developed by the Housing and Development Board with some flats and blocks dating back to as far as the 1970s. Bukit Merah has since its initial development grown into a well-established residential area with flats of different sizes for home seekers to choose from, from the smaller ones to the ones with a large built-up size. In total, there are about 55,000 flats in Bukit Merah Estate. These about 55,000 flats are the homes of about 155,000 persons and the flats are located on about 50 streets.
Silat Avenue is on Bukit Merah estate and is one of the streets with flats of the different built-up sizes giving home seekers particularly interested in the area options from which they can choose. The flats are located for 4 blocks with 269 of HDB units that adorn the street. The postal code of these streets ranges from 160147 to 160150. The flats that can be found on the blocks in Silat Avenue include 3 bedrooms, 4 bedrooms, 5 bedrooms and with some executive flats. Some of this were built as far back as 1982.
There are facilities to ensure that residents of the area enjoy maximum comfort as regard basic needs like transport as well as education and childcare of their wards. The transportation facilities include bus stations and MRT stations as well as good connecting roads for persons with private cars. All these transportation facilities are meant to ensure ease of transportation for residents of Silat Avenue.
There are several bus stop/bus stations in this street and the bus transportation is quite efficient around Silat Avenue.
Some of the major roads from which people that drive can get to Silat Avenue include CTE and Jalan Bukit Merah. AYE Toll Road and Kampong Bahru Road also lead to Solar Avenue. The train stations located close to Silat Avenue include Tiong Bahru MRT Station, Chinatown MRT Station and Redhill MRT station.
Schools and childcare facilities are also located around Silat Avenue as highlighted below
Nearby Childcare centres
- Montessori Spooner Childcare Centre MMI (located on Spooner Road)
- Sasco Childcare centre (located on Bukit Purmei Road)
- Smiling Kids Pte Ltd (located on Spottiswoode Road)
- Bambini Montessori Childcare
- Modern Montessori Bukit Merah Childcare Centre MMI
Nearby Primary Schools
- CHIJ Primary School (Kellock)
- Radin Mas Primary School
- Zhangde Primary School
- Bukit Merah Primary School
- Alexandra Primary School
Nearby secondary schools
- Theresa’s Convent
- Outram Secondary School
- Henderson Secondary School
- Crescent Girls’ School
There are also numerous shopping malls, restaurants and recreational parks around Silat Avenue
Nearby Shopping Malls
- Tiong Bahru Plaza1.1 km
- Pearls Centre 1.22 km
- Concorde Shopping Centre 1.39 km
- Liang Court
- Clarke Quay Central
Nearby Recreational parks
- River Valley Road/Clemenceau Avenue Open Space (located on River Valley Road)
- Tiong Bahru Park (located on Henderson Road)
- Tiong Bahru Bird Corner (located on Seng Poh Road)
- Ganges Avenue Open Space
- Delta Circus Fringe Car Park
Nearby Dine-out Options
- Fatty Aunt Yong Tau Fu (Restaurant located on block 147)
- Good Chance Popiah Eating House (Chinese restaurant located at block 147 Silat Avenue)
- Zhong Xing Foo Chow Fishball & Lor Mee (Hawker stall on Silat Avenue)
The street that connect to Silat Avenue include Kampong Bahru Road.